Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Really Big Potty Problem


When exactly does potty trouble end? 

Potty trouble most certainly does not end when they are potty trained!  If you have read any of my previous blogs you know we are having "aiming" difficulties in our house...with both boys actually.  In addition to that there are wiping and flushing difficulties too(must I elaborate?).   In addition to that there have been multiple attempts to hide "miss fires" from Tukker.    
The first one he tried to mop up with toilet paper, and a few others with the hand towel.  He even said once, "It's just drying down there, mommy, from my pee... we can use it later."  

Last night after the boys were tucked soundly into bed, I headed for the shower.  I am guessing this is when all mothers shower because there is no way it can be done successfully while little ones are up. About 2 minutes in Tukker comes in crying that water is coming out of the toilet and in to the hall..."and now, now it is ALL over the place!" he calls as I am getting out as fast as I possibly can.  Matt is in the garage and rushes up to turn the water from the toilet off.   I bet that toilet wasn't running 4 minutes, and it went into Brekkon's room, the hall and soaked through to our closet. The sewage water was everywhere, Tukker had walked through it, the new puppy was walking through it, and I nearly walked through it myself, GROSS!  
Tukker immediately told us that he had used more than his allotted squares, a lot more he said.  Maybe it is because it would have been hard to hide, but he didn't try to hide and handle it himself like previous attempts.  He came and told me right away. Plus he gave a very remorseful apology on his own.  Sooner(thankfully) than later, I realized that these were 3 character breakthroughs that I had very much been working on with him. Hopefully they will stick! Realizing this put me in a wonderful spirit and today while guys ripped half of the upstairs flooring and walls out we went to play at the pool. 
More than any skill that my boys could posses I want them to have great character and love Jesus, so that is what we focus on the most and everything that encompasses them.  
So thank you God, for home insurance...and character breakthroughs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment