Friday, May 31, 2013

Tukker's Birthday Party

Tukker's birthday party was a hit!  It wasn't the fanciest party we have ever had, but it was the most fun I have had at one of their parties yet.  This year Matt was away while I was planning, so to make it a little easier on myself I enlisted the help of a friend who just started her own business called  Pretty Little Parties. She did a lovely job(and I am picky). Between the two of us and some help from Pinterest, we came up with designs and ideas.   The biggest hit by far were the buzz light year gloves I had her make.  Each guest received their "Space Gear"(gloves) upon arrival.

 I never like trying to decide who to invite, so I invited everyone, planned to have it outside when our yard was shaded, and had each family grab a quilt from a basket to sit on in the grass. We had 14 kids RSVP...I think it would have been a disaster inside but, between the gloves, sandbox and play set it was very enjoyable.  

We also had a photo booth that was inside.  Because the party was outside it was overlooked.  Next time I will put it outside and more accessible to the other activities. I picked up fabric on clearance and just drew the props on extra poster board I found lying around.

The menu included, planet pizza, rocket fuel(lemonade colored green), galactic grapes, alien slime(blue and green jello) and cake of course.  The alien cupcakes were very easy and lots of fun to make.

Other kids and Tukker wanted to open presents, with that many kids my fear was that there would be meltdowns all over the place.  So I pulled Tukker aside and gave him the choice of opening the gifts with friends and sharing or opening them when everyone left.  He chose to open them with his friends, and did a wonderful job of sharing.  I think having to give out the Toy Story Pez at the end was a little harder, but he was so thankful his friends had come he was able to accomplish it nicely.  
  
  

1 comment: